Monday, November 28

Thanksgiving Must Have



Hello Lovlies! I have mentioned a few times how much I love Pumpkin. This is my second pumpkin creation of the year. The first seen{here}. Last year around Thanksgiving I went to a little english tea house on the central coast. I wish I could remember the name. I searched desperately but still can't find it. If I find the name I will most certainly update this post because it was amazing. This little tea house served the most decadent Pumpkin Bisque. Since then I have been hooked. It has become an essential  Thanksgiving staple. Although they wouldn't share their recipe, my mother-in law found one that tastes pretty identical. You will be surprised how easy it is to make this Pumpkin Bisque. 

1  16oz Can Libby's Pumpkin 
1 16oz Can Chicken Broth 
1/2 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce 
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon 
1/4 Tsp Nutmeg 
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar 
1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar 
1/2 - 1 Cup Heavy Cream 

In a food processor (or blender) puree' all ingredients except heavy cream. Heavy cream will be added at the end. Once smooth, pour in to large sauce pan. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10min. Remove from heat and add cream. Reheat to medium, stirring constantly until smooth. Garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of cream or sherry. Serve immediately. 
Enjoy! 






3 comments:

  1. wow wow.. this looks incredible. thank you for sharing, i have to try this sometime

    http://missmollyfashions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful & simple! Can't wait to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yuuuuum! Im not a big xmas person but I wouldnt mind for this pumpkin soup :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...